This is an extremely centrally located and elegant garden apartment within a fine Regency terrace of classical houses with private gardens. Facing Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, this property is conveniently located between Lancaster Gate (2 minutes walk) and Marble Arch tube stations, on the Central line. It is only a 5 minute walk to Paddington Main Line Station (and 15 minutes on the Heathrow Express train from Heathrow Airport) and Paddington tube station which serves the Circle, District, Bakerloo, Metropolitan and City lines. Four excellent buses pass the house. It is a short walk, bus or tube ride to the shops and restaurants of Bond Street, Regent Street, Oxford Street, Knightsbridge, Notting Hill and Portobello. Theatres, Museums and Art Galleries are all within easy reach, and Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are a stone’s throw away.
Despite this very central location, the apartment is an oasis of calm. There is one large, tastefully furnished guest bedroom, and guests can choose whether they would prefer the room to be made up with a super king-size bed, or two single beds (a twin). The private bathroom is mirrored and tiled bathroom, has a large bath with powerful shower attached over it and a heated towel radiator.
The widely travelled owner’s interests are art, reading, music and literature.
The guests’ choice of breakfast, cooked or continental, is served in the sitting room.
- £125 per night
- Minimum 3 night stay
- Bedroom size: 20 square metres
- Super king size bed which can be unzipped to create two single beds
- Private bathroom with large bath, powerful shower attachment, heated towel radiator, WC and basin
- Flat screen television
- Antique Secretaire Bookcase
- Small table and two chairs
- Two fitted double wardrobes with full length mirrors
- Three chests of drawers, and bedside chests on either side of the bed
- Luggage racks
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Radio Alarm clock
- Breakfast is served between 8am and 9am
- No evening meal but fantastic restaurants within walking distance
- Nearest tube station: Lancaster Gate, Paddington or Marble Arch
- Nearest overland station: Paddington – 15 minutes from Heathrow on the Heathrow Express
- Travel Card Zone: 1
- On street meter parking available in surrounding streets
- Not within Congestion Charge Zone
- Sorry, the sitting room is not available for guest use, other than during breakfast
- Arrivals after 9am only please, and not after 10pm
- Children over age of 12 yrs welcome
- Dates closed: rarely – closed over Christmas and New Year